By Sangeetha Saran
How can we achieve detoxification with Yoga training? Can Yoga teacher training prepare you for the temptations in life? Especially during a busy season, it’s easy to pick up a cookie or grab a glass of milk without even thinking about it. Amidst the hustle and bustle, we forget to practice the healthy habits we have during the rest of the year. When it’s all over, or before, we can restore a little balance and eliminate stress with a regular Yoga training session. Asanas, deep breathing and meditation all contribute to clean mind and body.
How Yoga Cleanses the Body
• Three major systems remove waste and toxins from the body: circulatory, lymphatic and digestive.
• The circulatory system pumps blood, supplies oxygen and gets rid of waste products.
• The lymphatic system carries fluid to the spleen where it is cleansed and returned to the bloodstream.
• The digestive system handles food by separating nutrients from waste and processing both appropriately.
When the body achieves detoxification with yoga training and is working properly, it needs little help, but stress and unhealthy habits wreak havoc on its organs and nervous system. To fight illnesses and ward off foreign invaders, a healthy immune system is a must. When toxins linger in a stagnant lymphatic system, inflammation can flourish, and disease has a better chance to develop.
How Yoga Affects the Immune System
• Makes use of poses (asanas) and movement, which are targeted toward every aspect of the body to release toxins like carbon dioxide and lactic acid
• Encourages deep breathing techniques that supplies oxygen to the bloodstream, aids in digestion and removes toxins
• Rids the mind of negative thought patterns and creates awareness
Poses that Detoxify the Body
• Forward Bends
Ten Foods that Remove Toxins
• Lemon water
• Dark, leafy greens
Commercial products designed to remove toxins from the body often target consumers who want to lose weight quickly, and experts question their efficacy, if not their safety. Achieving detoxification with yoga training does not have to be extreme. Instead of using extreme measures, nutritionists recommend eating a well-balanced diet of non-processed foods with few artificial ingredients.
An even better idea is eating a wholesome diet, living a clean lifestyle, and maintaining a consistent Yoga practice. While specific poses target individual systems, an overall routine keeps lymph flowing and decreases the desire for unhealthy foods and habits.
© Copyright – Aura Wellness Center – Publications Division
To see our selection of Yoga instructor courses and continuing education courses for specialized Yoga certification, please visit the following link.
Click here to see our online Yoga Nidra teacher training course.
Are you an experienced teacher looking for YACEP credits or continuing education?
Subscribe to Our Newsletter for Special Discounts and New Products
52 Essential Principles of Yoga Philosophy to Deepen your Practice
by Rina Jakubowicz
A Relaxing Way to De-stress, Re-energize, and Find Balance
by: Gail Boorstein Grossman
YOGA: THE PATH TO HOLISTIC HEALTH
by B.K.S. Iyengar
TEACHING YOGA: Essential Foundations and Techniques
By Mark Stephens
2 thoughts on “Detoxification With Yoga Training”