By Bhavan Kumar
YTT (Yoga teacher training) online has evolved gradually and now leap frogged within the past year. In an age filled with fast-paced technology, more people than ever are turning to Yogic methods for answers to the complex questions that face humanity. As a result, Yoga – an ancient healing art that has been around for 5,000 years – has now reached the forefront in global popularity. Yoga is practiced almost everywhere around the world. It might seem to be an affordable way to enhance your knowledge and opportunities for the future. Let’s also look at the types of courses and why the price range is so wide. What exactly can you expect to receive in service and pricing?
With classes being offered everywhere from traditional studios to retirement homes, there is also an increased demand for teachers. Onsite YTT programs, however, cost up to $15,000, have hidden fees, charge extra for study materials, often require expensive travel, and have inflexible schedules. The expenditure of time and money can be prohibitive to many who want to enter the field. However, it’s just a drop in the bucket for those of us with a rich uncle or a trust fund. Oh – You’re not a trust fund baby – I completely understand! You don’t have to be in debt for life to take a YTT course and a reasonably priced course can be paid off within months or a year of finding your first teaching position. What are the differences? Let me explain how you can find an affordable YTT course without the extra financial worries and recover your return on investment.
What if there was an online Yoga teacher training website where aspiring interns or veteran Yoga teachers could go to get high quality instruction for as little as $500 to $1000? What if that Yoga teacher instruction could be accomplished on a flexible schedule at any place with internet access? Online study is friendly to your pocket book, the environment, the economy, and going green with YTT online is a good idea for many of the following reasons.
• Yoga teacher training online is affordable and there are no costs for rooms, services, and meals, no hidden costs, no hidden fees (after you paid thousands of dollars), and no additional charges for help or tutoring from instructors. Some onsite programs have you paying application, set up, and/or reservation fees. Granted, the rooms in Tahiti, Bali, and Costa Rica may have everything you’ll ever need in this life, but you could be paying your tuition for life. Let’s be reasonable – A YYT program in the middle of a tropical paradise has to charge something. These places are huge retreats with three to five star service and their staff works as hard as any top of the line hotel. That’s why they have sky rocketing costs and those prices may never be lower than they are today.
• YTT online requires no time away from home or job – no missed salary, no babysitting expenses, and no costly travel. In fact, many people are looking for a Yoga certification course close to home. You can’t get any closer than in your home. Online and distance learning courses are a dream come true for people with obligations and we all have them.
• Tutoring is unlimited – either by phone or email. At Aura Wellness Center, we have one course that has Zoom meetings, which is a Yoga Alliance requirement for online YTT courses. The benefit of access is the best part of being comfortable with learning.
• Access to a members only social media group and an archived forum made up of teachers, students, interns, and other like-minded people from around the world is included for absolutely nothing.
• An online YTT course takes place wherever and whenever the student wishes – whether that is in the comfort of home, on a break at work, or on the beach of an exotic island. None of us has anything against vacation, but this gives you a chance to have a vacation on your own terms. Many of us have families and like to spend vacation time with our family members. On the other hand, if you are single and want to meet your Yoga soul mate, the tropical island vacation might be the best training for you.
• Online YTT eliminates the waste of limited natural resources – such as expensive gasoline – and reduces pollution. Most Yoga certification courses don’t want you to think about travel time or the expense of traveling. Let me tell you now, a trip to Asia will bring you to a beautiful ashram, but the cost of your round trip ticket and the time in flight will make your head spin. However, a rich uncle and/or a trust fund could be helpful. I wish I had one!
• Students have easy computer access to tutoring, instructional videos, step-by-step instructions, and materials. Additionally, student support is only a call or an Email away. It’s completely understandable that you might need help and it’s a relief to know that help is there when you need it.
• A Yoga Alliance approved YTT course that has Zoom meetings in the dashboard and you can attend these meeting live, if you wish. Some people have their heart set on being a member of the Yoga Alliance (YA), and some don’t, but YA looked this one over and gave their approval.
Online YTT requires seasoned trainers to design and teach the curriculum. From 200-hour Level 1 Yoga instructor certification courses for teaching the mainstream population to specialist courses designed to address how to teach children, online and distance learning courses can provide initial certification or extra credentials to make teaching Yoga your way of life.
YTT by distance learning is still available. Pure online courses have a dashboard that you can reach with Internet access. There is a difference in distance learning courses that are made with tangible goods, such as: books, DVDs, and CDs. The distance learning method is composed of a course that is shipped to you. Many people still love the idea of receiving all of their materials in a box. The point to understand is we are not all the same. If your eyes prefer to be offline, the distance learning option is for you.
© Copyright Aura Wellness Center – Publications Division
Please feel free to share our posts with your friends, colleagues, and favorite social media networks. See our testimonials to find out what our graduates have to say about our selection of online yoga teacher training intensive courses.
To see our selection of Yoga teacher training courses, please visit the following link.
Click here to see our online Yoga Nidra teacher training course.
Are you an experienced teacher looking for YACEP credits or continuing education?
Subscribe to Our Newsletter for Special Discounts and New Products
52 Essential Principles of Yoga Philosophy to Deepen your Practice
by Rina Jakubowicz.
A Relaxing Way to De-stress, Re-energize, and Find Balance
by: Gail Boorstein Grossman.
YOGA: THE PATH TO HOLISTIC HEALTH
by B.K.S. Iyengar
TEACHING YOGA: Essential Foundations and Techniques
By Mark Stephens
1 thought on “YTT – Yoga Teacher Training”
Online study is friendly to our pocket book, the environment, the economy, and going green with Yoga teacher training online is a good idea for many of the following reasons. Thank you very much for sharing this inspirational and informative article.