By Dr. Paul Jerard, E-RYT 500
How can practicing meditation change anything? The secret to manifesting our destiny lies in our thoughts, feelings, words, and actions. In other words, what we think determines our realities. Thoughts – which are energy – go out into the universe and attract matching vibrations. In much the same way, the collective consciousness of our planet determines what will happen to our world in the future.
This means that if we can change our thoughts, we can change our lives and the world around us. When we watch violent movies, talk with friends about how terrible the economy is, or criticize our political leaders for being dishonest, we are attracting the very energy that we want to avoid. Of course, we can try to surround ourselves with positive people and situations, but it is not always easy to control our environment. Instead of changing people around us, we can shift our realities by shifting our thoughts, and the best way to do that is through meditation.
There are many ways to meditate, and the following suggestions can apply to any of them:
Getting Ready for Meditation
• Establish a daily practice, preferably at the same time and place.
• Create a sacred space for your practice. Establish a ritual, such as lighting a candle or incense.
• Make a commitment to follow through daily with your routine.
Starting Practicing Meditation
• Calm your mind by chanting, practicing Yoga, breathing, or whatever method that works for you.
• Set your personal intention for the day.
• Visualize. Picture in your mind’s eye exactly what you want.
• Add a positive affirmation to your visualization.
• Imagine smells, tastes, feelings, and sounds, to make your meditation even more real.
• Find a practice that suits you, such music, guided meditation, Yoga meditation, or mindfulness.
• When thoughts come into your mind, let them pass without judging them. Go back to your practice.
Seeing the Results of Practicing Meditation
• Be patient with yourself. It takes time to establish a routine and to learn to sit quietly.
• Notice the small signs or changes, within you, during or after practicing meditation, such as bodily sensations or feelings of relaxation.
• Watch for synchronicities – things you may have considered coincidences in the past – that show you are making small steps toward manifesting your goal.
According to The Universal Laws, we live in a sea of energy in which everything vibrates in circular motion. This is true for subtle energy as well as physical energy. When we learn to align our thoughts and intentions with our desires, we can manifest our destiny.
© Copyright – Aura Wellness Center – Publications Division
To see our complete selection of Yoga teacher training courses, please feel free to visit the following link.
Free report, newsletter, videos, podcasts, and e-Book: “Yoga in Practice.”
If you are a Yoga Teacher, studio owner, blogger, e-zine, or website publisher, and are in need of quality content, please feel free to use my blog entries (articles). Please be sure to reprint each article, as is, including the resource box above. Namaste!